Previously known as Clinical Pilates, at George Street Physiotherapy we pride ourselves on delivering high quality, individualised exercise rehabilitation programs. This incorporates a hybrid of Clinical Pilates, Strength and Conditioning and current evidence based practice.
The benefits from clinical Pilates include:
- Improved flexibility, muscle control and agility
- Improved technique and performance in sports and injury prevention
- Improved posture and body awareness
- Reduced pain
- Correction of muscle imbalance
- Improved balance and co-ordination
- Enhanced breathing control
- Maintain/increase bone density
- Improved pre- and post-natal fitness
- Improved pre and post-operative outcomes
Having a qualified physiotherapist complete a musculoskeletal assessment ensures that you are given a tailored program and specific exercises to benefit and address your particular issues.
- An initial musculoskeletal and movement assessment, combined with your medial history will be taken into account, along with your personal goals.
- Following your assessment, you will attend at least one private one-on-one session to familiarise yourself with the equipment we use, including safety advice and exercise technique to establish a solid foundation.
- Next, your physiotherapist will supervise and guide you through a series of exercises with appropriate progressions, which are monitored and modified to ensure expected outcomes are met.
- You will then progress into a one hour, semi-private (maximum 4 clients) exercise rehab session*.
*Rebate code 505
Equipment we have here at George Street Physiotherapy:
- Trapeze Table
- Functional Trainer/Cable Machine
- TRx (coming soon)
- Free weights (dumbbells, barbells & kettlebells…all the bells)
- Bosu, Fitballs, Foam Rollers, Wobble-boards etc